Saturday, March 16, 2013

Fuzzy, warm, comforting

I don't even know how to start this post. I haven't been writing or baking much. A editorial, a banana bread. That's it, really. I'm back on my baking game; I made an incredible, craggy brown soda bread and a batch of rugelach (!) today. Can't wait to share the recipes. Til then, enjoy this circular picture of an aerial view of a slice of banana bread! (What a mouthful.) 
~~~ 
Almond Banana Bread 
Adapted from Orangette and Bakerita
I developed this recipe with the help of the blogs mentioned above. Swap out 1/2 c. spelt flour for a more bread-like banana bread. Only almond meal produces a dense and thick bread. 
3 ripe bananas
2 large eggs
1/4 c. dark brown sugar
1 1/2 t. vanilla

1 1/2 c. almond meal
1 t. baking soda
2 t. cinnamon
1/8 t. ginger
1/8 t. salt

1/4 c. raw almonds
1 t. dark brown sugar

Preheat the oven to 350.

Mash the bananas. I like using the food processor. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs. Add bananas and stir to combine. Add sugar and vanilla and mix well.

In a separate, smaller bowl, whisk together the almond meal, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, and salt.

Fold in the almond meal mixture into the banana mixture.

Line a loaf pan. Pour in the batter. Roughly chop the almonds with the sugar and scatter across the top. Bake for 35-40 minutes. Cool before turning out and slicing.

No comments:

Post a Comment